Monday, April 20, 2009

Dreams..

Dreams are crazy sometimes. Last night for example I dreamt that I was lying in bed and all of the sudden it started to shake really hard. It was just like I imagined those 'magic finger' beds to be like. Next in the dream I went to school and found out that one of the volcanoes had erupted, and the school was closed for the year due to the ash. What a crazy dream!...

Then I went to school this morning. Things were completely normal until my first kid came in and said "Mr. Q! Did you feel the earthquake last night?!" That's when I realized, it wasn't a dream at all. At least the earthquake part. The volcano part was a dream, so we will not be returning home any earlier than expected.

We're right next to the big circle labeled Olongapo. The earthquake was a magnitude 4.9 and was centered about 70km away from us. Basically it would be like being in Washington if there were an earthquake in St. Louis. Below is a map of the region that shows in a bit more detail where we are, and where the epicenter was. We're all OK, there was no damage to our home or school, so don't worry! It was just a neat experience. Glad we were far enough away that it wasn't such a big deal.

That's all for now!

The Quattlebaums

1 comment:

Terpsichoree said...

What odd dream to go with your earthquake...glad it was far eough away to not be a big deal.