Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Grade One Perspective

My little ones are so adorable. I came to this country anticipating third graders. It came as quite the shock that I would be teaching First Grade (or as they call it here, Grade One.)


They are currently having Religious Studies in my room and as I have planned for the week I have nothing better to do right now than to update this blog. Also, to set the stage...one little one has wicked gas much to the greater dismay of the rest of us. And in the short time I've been typing this two little ones have come over to me saying, "Teacher, Teacher." That's what they prefer to call me. I can't tell you how many times I've asked them to call me Mrs. Quattlebaum. Addressing teachers as Teacher seems to be their way.


I have thirteen students. Five are girls, eight are boys. Seven are Korean, Four are Filipino, One is American and One is British. Sometimes understanding them is difficult and four of the Koreans don't really speak English yet. So that's a struggle. Luckily for me (and them) they are all so cute that I can't get frustrated with them. I guess we'll see if that changes...


I don't know if it's legal for me to put pictures up or not...but I will anyway so you can get a feel of what my kids are like.


2 comments:

Karina said...

Melissa, your kiddies are super cute! Thanks for sharing pictures and updating us on the new life adventure.

karina

A Little bit said...

they're so adorable! I love it.
keep up the posts