Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A look into our world...

Check out our sweet ride...we'll probably take some action shots when it's not pouring. Maybe you can't see that it's raining in this picture...but it definitely is...a lot.

We sign in every day using this finger scanner. It talks to us... the only words it knows so far are 'please try again' and 'thank you.'
Jordon's new classroom. He was pretty embarrassed that I took this picture because his classroom looks so boring right now. They moved last week. It has been a pretty big headache...hopefully in the end it's worth the trouble.I'll have to move to a new room in December...or sometime around then.
This is the bathroom in Jordon's classroom. Yeah...that's right...it's fancy.
A couple of Jordon's kids ready to start the day. They wait outside the class and take attendance for themselves.
The covered playground...a neccessity during the rainy season...it keeps most the rain out (except for the sideways rain.)
And then beyond the playground is the soccer field...beyond that jungle...and then mountains...quite a view.
Beginning a weather lesson...these kids are crazy about weather. Specifically catastrophic weather...they love hurricanes, tornados, flash floods and lightning. Johnny Boy says its because that's 'sexy' weather...which makes me laugh.

On a side note...my little ones seem to be constantly complaining of various ailments...I always send them to the clinic 'just in case' and they almost alway come back with an ice pack to put on the troubled area...this occurs at least 4 times a day...every day.

One of my adorable students (whose name sounds remarkably like UNO...the game we got him for his birthday) and me about on our way to a much needed break.
Planning during block 3 in my room...it's nice to have the same planning period. Most specials last an entire block so we have that time to work every day...anywhere from an hour to an hour and 20 minutes. It is very handy. We are able to get all our work done during our contracted time...we don't ever need to stay late or come in early...unless we procrastinate...
Below are pictures of the lower school library...it's pretty sweet and handy.
As you can see the school is pretty heavily guarded. We have around 6 guards who walk around day and night. They are all really nice guys...but I wouldn't wear a ski mask around campus at night...
A few of Jordon's kids cutting loose at the end of the day while they are on their way to clubs. Each student is required to be in at least one school club. And each teacher is required to lead a club. Jordon helps out with Mini-backs soccer and the play. I help with paper crafts and yearbook.
As always...

Affectionately yours,

The Quattlebaums

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Melissa I am so terribly jealous/happy for you. And I love the shout out in this post!

more please

Karina said...

sissa, i miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly said...

"A look into our world"

1. I love the new wheels. Maybe you should drive it home this summer so you can take me for a ride. Just kidding.

2. Jordon needs a camp fire bulletin board for his new room... would make it just perfect!

3. That bathroom is probably bigger than mine.

4. I like the structure in the library. Are teachers allowed to sit up there and read vampire books?

5. I love that you help out with paper crafts and yearbook. My scrapbooking must have rubbed off. I'm so proud!